12/14: All preorders have shipped & new orders are shipping within one day.
With the exception of constipated elders and colicky babies, grouchy people are exceedingly hard to find in vintage advertising, so The Year of the Grouch will be festooned, for the most part, with obnoxiously cheerful images! After all, there's nothing to make you crabby like artifical joy! And excessive exclamation points!!!
Covers feature hand-cut images from vintage books & magazines
$20 + shipping
All shipping is via Priority Mail.
A flat $5 to US ($12 Canada/$14 other international) will cover up to 3 books
Priority Mail Shipping:
Overnight Shipping--U.S. Only
(order by 3pm for next day delivery)
If you're checking out with a credit cart, the charge will show up as HVPROJECT or HARVEYVILLEPROJECT on your bill.
- One-of-a-kind hand-cut cover
- Annual Überlist (big fat year-long To Do list)
- Sturdy! Stiff pressboard covers and heavyweight pages
- Fold-out monthly calendars on heavy colored stock form handy monthly dividers
- Unusual and recycled materials & handmade charm
- Fun-filled activities to do and lists to make each month
- Astrological signs, birthdays* and the usual holidays.
- Year-at-a-glance calendar
- Library card pocket
- Attached band to hold book shut or mark your place
- Half-legal size (roughly 7x9)
- Spiral bound to lay flat or flip around
- Blank pages to chronicle your exploits, plot, or make lists.
- Lots of pictures to color/caption instead of working
- plus a box of crayons or a little set of colored pencils!
*If you would like your birthday in next year's calendar, please email email@example.com.
NOTE: If you're a veteran of my datebooks, you know the drill. If you're new, please note: If you are alarmed by bad words or sassmouths, this is not the datebook for you, honeypie. (I'm not saying it's like a Redd Foxx record, just a few swears here and there.)
I'll add the 2011 pictures as soon as they're ready. In the meantime, you can check out previous calendars (including last year's, right) to get the idea:
2010: The Year of the Tightwad
2009: The Year of the Dreamer
2008: The Year of the Spitfire
2007: The Year of the Oddball
2005: The Year of the Smartass
2004: The Year of the Sucker
2003: The Year of the Brat
Note: The books shown have already shipped, but this is the look. You can make a special request & I'll try to fill it.
hand-cut covers from vintage books
stiff heavyweight covers and elastic placeholder/closure strap
spiral bound to lay flat; year-at-glance calendar; blank pages; library card pocket
weekly grid with list-friendly columns; roomy fold-out monthly calendars form quick-reference montly dividers
coloring pages from Walter Crane children's books & late-1800s advertising
monthly calendars form quick-reference montly dividers